2018 5K Donation
The Sac State 5K Fun Run is celebrating 10 years running by donating the 2018 5K net proceeds to a participant selected Sac State Scholarship and Student Program Fund, which are managed by University Development. The Fund which receives the most nominations will receive the donation and it will be announced on Race Day.
The following Student Program Funds were identified as possible recipients. These funds were selected based upon their alignment with the WELL's mission, the seven dimensions of wellness and in collaboration with University Development.
- College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
- CAMP is a federally funded program designed to help first-generation students from migrant and seasonal farm worker backgrounds succeed at Sacramento State. CAMP facilitates transition from high school to college and offers first-year support services to develop the skills necessary to persist and graduate from college. CAMP strives to be "a home away from home" for its students.
- The mission of the Dreamer Resource Center is to make the dream of a college degree a reality for undocumented students and students with mixed-status families at Sacramento State. The goal of the center is to help students overcome the unique challenges that get in the way of achieving academic, personal and professional excellence.
- Full Circle Project
- The mission of the Full Circle Project is to provide a student-centered approach to steadily increase the graduation rates of underrepresented Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) and other high-need students through rigorous coursework, academic support, intentional student organization and leadership opportunities, career planning and meaningful community engagement.
- Guardian Scholars
- The mission of the Guardian Scholars Program is to improve the life and success rate of former foster youth by administering helpful services such as professional mentoring, academic advising, career counseling, financial assistance, scholarships, and community building events that are all essential for learning, growth, and success on a college campus. We are committed to doing outreach in the community and creating meaningful opportunities for current students at Sac State in order to improve the livelihood of foster youth students.
- Veterans Success
- Sacramento State’s Veterans Success Center provides multi-faceted assistance to prospective and enrolled student veterans and dependents. Most notably, the center assists students in accessing their VA education benefits, completing the admission application process, and registering for courses. The center also helps students access campus resources, get involved in leadership activities, and transition into the civilian work world.
Participants submit their nomination during the 5K registration process.