Climbing Special Events
Reach New Heights!
Throughout the year The WELL hosts several competitions and events at the rock wall! Whether you are a beginner or experienced climber we have an event for you.
Technique Top Out
Technique Top Out is held on the first and third Wednesday of each month. Come learn how to improve your climbing technique, and how to train for climbing in a laid-back atmosphere. Each week will highlight a new technique or way to train! Fall 2017 dates:
- September 6, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- September 20, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- October 4, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- October 18, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- November 1, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- November 15, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- December 6, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
First Ascent Thursdays
First Ascent Thursday are free social events at the climbing wall where students can experience competitive activities, challenging games, and a sense of community.
- September 28, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- November 30, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- December 14, 5:00 - 6:00pm
Level Up Competition
Level Up is an annual bouldering competition.
- October 26th
Mile High Climb
- Join in on the challenge for the month of February! February 1 - 28, 2018
- Climb 1 Vertical Mile at The WELL in the month
- Up to 4 people per team
- Sign up for $5 per person at The WELL's Front Desk
- Earn a Mile High Climb Shirt
- Climb any time the Climbing Wall is open for Top Rope Hours
- One mile on the WELL’s Climbing wall is equal to 132 climbs (laps).
- Teams can work together to reach the mile-high distance.
- It’s a great idea to get belay certified for the Mile High Climb.
- Sign up for a Climbing Fundamentals class at the Equipment Desk today!
- All 132 laps must be completed to earn the t-shirt!
Go Boulder Go Home
Join us for the 8th Annual Sac State Bouldering Competition next spring! Look for dates and information this fall.