The Motivation You've Been Looking For
Weight Warriors is a 12-week (February-May) team structured fitness program focused on participation, teamwork, education, and RESULTS. Whether your goal is to gain muscle, lose weight, or simply improve activity, this program is designed to help you meet those goals in a fun and challenging environment. Teams consist of a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 participants. Don't have a full team? No problem! Participants can sign up as an individual or with a group of friends. Partial teams will be placed together to create a full team. Register for $75 on the MINDBODY app.
- Weekly team workout led by your Certified Personal Trainer
- Weight Warriors Team T-shirt (grouped by t-shirt color)
- Free Cooking Demos/Nutrition Seminars
- Bi-weekly fitness challenges- competing against other Team's time
- Pre- & Post-Assessments (weight, endurance, strength, & flexibility)
- Prize package for the winning team
- Weight Warriors MVP award
Points and Scoring
Participants earn 1 point for participation of each session/event/challenge.
Particiapnts earn 1 point for each workout in or outside The WELL. (max of one point per day.)
Participants earn 1 point for each teammate that shows up to workout with you. Scheduled meetings with the trainer, or team challenges, do not count. The teammate must sign-in within 10 minutes of the leader for credit.
Particiapnts earn 1/2 point each time they wear their Weight Warriors shirt. (max of a 1 point per day.)
Team Challenge Points
Each particiapant receives 1 point for participating in the team challenge, 10 extra points for winning the challenge, 5 extra points for tying.
Earn 5 extra points by participating in the initial fitness test and 10 points by participating in the post- test.
Team Selfie Game – 1 point for each Team member in the Selfie photo taken at each session/event/challenge. Teams must #weightwarriors #wwteamcolor and tag @wellsacstate for full points.
Registration is open each January-February. You will be matched with your trainer after registration closes based on availabilty. Weight Warriors is $75.00 per person. Register.
After registering, and e-mail will be sent to you to indicate if you are signing up with a team or as a "free agent."
- Free Agents will list their availabilty for training.
- Teams will be asked to choose a captain and submit one form with the full team's availabilty.
Student Health & Counseling Services
Weight Warriors participants can earn extra points for participating in Student Health & Cousenling events.Eligible events are listed below.
Cooking demos are hosted in "The Cove" located near The WELL lobby.
February Cooking Demos:
- Quiche & Coffee: Wednesday, February 6, 10:30-11:30am
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins: Friday, February 22, 2:00-3:00pm
- Trail Pizzas with Peak Adventures: Thursday, February 28, 12:00-1:00pm
March Cooking Demos:
- Strawberry Banana Oatmeal: Wednesday, March 6, 11:00am-12:00pm
- DIY Trail Bars with Peak Adventures: Thursday, March 14, 12:00-1:00pm
April Cooking Demos:
- Thursday 4/25/19, 1:00 to 2:00 pm "Camping Crepes" w/ Peak Adventures
- Monday 4/29/19, 10:30 am to 11:30 am "Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta"
For information on Cooking Demos call 916-278-5422. Reserve Your Spot
KORU Mindfulness Meditation, the course, is a 4 week program consisting of one class per week. This program is designed to help you learn a variety of mindfulness techniques through the practice of specific skills that calm and focus your mind through meditation. If you are feeling pressured and stressed, or just interested in learning a new skill that can enrich your life, these classes are for you! Weight Warriors particiapnts must attend all 4 classes to receive points for their team. Register and Learn More.