Road & Area Closures, Parking info/map, USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships
Attention WELL Members,
Plan ahead and be prepared for your workout next week! Sacramento State will be hosting the 2017 USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships. The actual event will be taking place June 23rd-25th but some closures will be in effect starting 7am on Monday June 19th through 6pm, Monday, June 26. This event will impact campus parking and roads including closures of roads, pedestian and bicycle routes. No one will be able to access the pedestrian/bicycle path that is located directly between the WELL and the practice track that leads to College Town Dr. and the Hornet Crossing/Tunnel. If you utilize the Hornet Crossing Tunnel to enter campus on foot or bike you will need to turn left on College Town Dr., then right on Sinclair Rd, then right on the pedestrian road around Parking Structure 1 and the baseball field towards the front of The WELL. See attached map for route options, parking options, and closures.
Campus map including road closures and parking information: click here
Road & Area Closures:
• Stadium Drive will close at 6 a.m. Wednesday, June 21 and will reopen at 6 p.m. Monday, June 26.
• College Town Drive between Stadium Drive and Sinclair Road will close at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, June 21 and will reopen at 8 p.m. on Sunday, June 25.
• College Town Drive between Hornet Crossing and Bay Laurel Way will close from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday, June 25 for the race walk competition.
• The College Town Drive pedestrian/bike path between Hornet Crossing and the traffic signal at Stadium Drive (Lot #10 side) will close at 7 a.m. Monday, June 19, and will reopen at 6 p.m. Monday, June 26.
• Bike paths and foot paths between the WELL and the practice track will close at 7 a.m. Monday, June 19, and will reopen at 6 p.m. Monday, June 26.
Parking Event Information/Map:
Event parking for Nationals will be available in Parking Structure III and Lots 7 and 8. Oversized vehicles may be directed to park in Lot 9. Lot 12 will be closed during the event.
Lot 10 will be utilized for VIP’s, Event Staff, Vendors, Media and Volunteers. Vehicles with valid Sac State permits may continue to park on campus, but please be aware of delays entering and exiting Lots 7 and 8.
Traffic control may occur on College Town Drive at Stadium Drive during the event, resulting in traffic delays. Please use caution when traveling on College Town Drive during the event times and consider using State University Drive instead as an alternate route.
For more information about the event: http://www.sacsports.com/2017usatf/