Outdoor Fitness & Recreation
The WELL has recieved approval from Sacramento State Administration and Sacramento County to offer outdoor fitness and recreation opportunities. Utilizing the industry guidelines provided by the State of Califonia and recommendations from our campus Student Health and Counseling Services administration, we have developed limited program and service options to provide a safe experience for Sac State Students. Read below for more details on programs, how to participate, and our safety plan.
Complimentary Two-Hour Parking for participants available. Please make a reservation for more information.
Programs Currently Available
Outdoor Fitness- In Parking Structure 3
Come get a workout at our "outdoor fitness floor". Located on the bottom floor of parking structure 3, our team has created a spacious layout with all the equipment you've been missing and also includes a turf area for more functional training.
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Hours Starting Monday March 8th:
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Cost: No cost for currently enrolled Sac State Students; $5 per reservation for Sac State Faculty, Staff, and Alumni or Outdoor Program Pass available for 30 days for $19.
- Plate Loaded Machines
- Iso-Lateral Leg Press, Iso-Lateral High Row, Iso-Lateral Row, Iso-Lateral Bench Press, Iso-Lateral Incline Press, Iso-Lateral Decline Press, Hack Squat, Standing Calf, Pl Seated Calf Raise, 2 Hip Thrusters, 3 Mega Power Racks, Incline Lever Row, 3 Olympic Flat Bench Presses, Olympic Incline Bench Press, Olympic Decline Bench Press
- Plate Stack Machines
- Dual Cable Cross, Rear Delt Fly, Dip-Chin Assist, Functional Trainer, Genesis Lat Pull/High Row, Genesis Lift/Step, Inner Thigh, Outer Thigh, Genesis Deltoid/Shoulder
- Cardio Machines
- Rowers, Bikes, Treadmills (Manual), Upper-Body Stationary Cycle
- Dumbbells & Barbells
- 6 Sets Of Dumbbell Racks, 2 Barbell Racks, Peacher Curl, Les Mills Barbells
- 5 Multi-Adjustable Benches, 2 Utility Benches, Adjustable Decline Bench
- Body Weight Machines
- Back Extension, Ab-X, Core Trainer, Elevate Row, Elevate Core Adj., Elevate Jump, Elevate Press, Elevate Pull Up
- Kettlebells, Medicine Balls, Battle Ropes, Tires, Bosu Balls, Stretching Cages, Mats
Outdoor Group Fitness
Craving the energy, support, and expertise provided by a certified fitness professional? If virtual classes aren't your thing we have a limited number of outdoor in-person classes which are all capped at 10 participants or less and provide space for physical distancing.
Reservations are required. No cost for currently enrolled Sac State Students; $5 per reservation for Sac State Faculty, Staff, and Alumni.
The WELL is excited to offer lap swim at the pool at Yosemite Hall to help our campus community pursue fitness in a safe environment. Reservations, which are required, are available for students, faculty, staff, and alumni. As always, there is no charge for students, faculty, and staff. You will be asked to provide your Sac State ID number when you make a reservation. Alumni day passes are available for $5 per reservation. Outdoor Program Pass available for 30 days for $19. Annual and semester passes for alumni are currently unavailable at this time.
Current Lap Swim Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 2:00 - 7:00pm
- Friday: 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Days and times subject to change or cancellation.
With saftey precautions in place, we are excited to offer an outdoor cornhole tournament this spring to allow for some in-person recreation and competition. This will be a double-elimination, one-on-one format and each player will have their own set of bean bags for the duration of the tournament. The top finishers in the tournament will receive WELL gear with the champions receiving an official Sac State Intramural Champion t-shirt and a Sac State Champion ring.
- March Tournament:
- Play on Friday March 5
- Register by Wednesday March 3 at 11:55pm
The Outdoor WELLness series provides free weekly opportunities for the Sac State community to engage in holistic wellness activities. Drop-in sessions occur on The WELL South Greens located on the beautiful campus at Sacramento State. Offerings may include yoga, tai chi, mindfulness practices, and nature engagement practices. Sessions offered will be evidence-based for promoting mental, emotional, physical, and social wellbeing. The focus of these sessions is to connect students, faculty, staff, and administrators through easy-to-learn, easy-to-access practices for developing healthy stress reduction habits.
Dates and Times:
- March 17, 3:30 - 4:15pm
- April 28, 3:30 - 4:15pm
The Pillars of our Safety Plan
Safety including cleaniless has always been a point of pride for our programs, events, and services. Our team is stepping up to meet the demands and modifications required to ensure safe participation under the current conditions.
Individual Control Measures & Screening
- Staff and participants will all be screened when making a reservation and arriving to the outdoor program area.
- Area capacities will be limited based on the space available as well as state recommendations.
- All staff and participants are required to wear face coverings at all times.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols
- All equipment and touch surfaces will be disinfected by staff according to recommedations before, after and in between users.
- Handsanitizer will be available for use.
Physical Distancing Guidelines
- Equipment and activity areas will be spaced out according to guidelines.
- Various signage and designated waiting areas all contribute to social distancing of participants and staff.
Parking On Campus
All parking on campus is operated by Sac State University Transportation and Parking. The WELL is providing complimentary 2- hour parking with each reservation for outdoor programs. More information available once you make a reservation. We also encourage the use of public transportation such as light rail and buses as well as biking or walking to campus! For more information, please visit the UTAPS website.
Can The WELL open for indoor fitness and recreation?
The following tier system is currently in place per the California Industry Guidance: Gyms and fitness centers. Sacramento County rates are currently in the purple tier . We are not opening for indoor programs and services at this time. Our goal is to consistently offer fitness and recreation options for our participants and staff that are safe and sustainable and therefore less likely to be heavily impacted by the changes in COVID rates that will continue to be concern for the near future. As a result, our strategy will be focusing on our outdoor program/service options as well as virtual program/service options, at this time.
To learn more about the state's tier system and blueprint for a safer economy scroll to the resources below.
- Widespread (purple):
- Outdoor only with modifications
- Substantial (red):
- Indoor with modifications
- Capacity must be limited to 10%
- Moderate (orange)
- Indoor with modifications
- Capacity must be limited to 25%
- Minimal (yellow)
- Indoor with modifications
- Capacity must be limited to 50%