Graduation was just the beginning
The WELL offers a variety of membership options to Sac State Alumni. We encourage Alumni to stay connected with campus, and workout in our gym that they know and love for an affordable rate! WELL Alumni members must first become reassociated with campus by joining the Alumni Assocation. WELL Alumni membership does not include parking. In order to park on campus please purchase a parking pass through UTAPS, or a daily parking pass through the PaytoPark app. We encourage environmentally friendly alternative forms of transportation such as JUMP bikes, Lightrail, car pooling, etc. in order to save money on parking. To sign up for membership, stop by The WELL front desk with your Alumni Association card or confirmation e-mail.
Alumni Membership Process
Step 1: Join the Alumni Association
The first step to becoming a WELL alumni member is to join the Sacramento State Alumni Association. Since The WELL is not open to the community, we require this membership to reassociate graduates with the Sac State campus through an active affiliation. Alumni can purchase their Alumni Association membership online, or in person at the Harper Alumni Association. Your Alumni Association has a yearly cost paid upfront starting at $25 per year. This membership has lot of added benefits on campus and in the community! We reccommend purchasing a Grad Pack at Grad Fest because it includes two years of Alumni Association Membership.
Once you have joined the Alumni Association, please come in to The WELL Front Desk to show us your confirmation e-mail or Alumni Association card.
Step 2. Select the Best WELL Membership for Your Needs
The WELL offers a variety of membership options for Alumni who are current membres of the Alumni Association. We have EFT memberships which are billed monthly from your bank account, and have a 4-month minimum committment. We also offer short-term membership options that are paid upfront in-full at the Front Desk. Below are some of our most common options. For a list of all Alumni Membership options please view our membership description chart.
Recommended Membership Options
- Recent Grad - $19/mo: Available to Alumni who have graduated in the past 5 years and are members of the Alumni Association.
- Alumni All Access - $33/mo: Available to all Alumni who graduated more than 5 years ago, are members of the Alumni Association.
- Express Memberships - $19/mo: Available to all Alumni who graduated more than 5 years ago, and are interested in a more affordable option. Express Memberships have limited facility acces. Must be a member of the Alumni Association. $19/mo.
- AM Express: 6:00-8:00am Monday-Friday
- Lunch Express: 11:00am-1:00pm Monday- Friday
- Pre-paid Alumni - $16/mo: Available to Alumni who attended Sac State between Fall 2006 - Summer 2010. Verification required.
- Starter Pack - Eligible Rate + $69 Training Pack: Availble to all new Alumni WELL members. A Starter Pack is a great way to learn your way around The WELL, and to kick start your fitness routine. New and current WELL members can purchase a personal training starter pack for the flat rate of $69, and your next month of membership is FREE! The personal training pack includes four 30-minute sessions with a certified personal trainer. Purchase at The WELL Front Desk.
- Session 1: Fitness Consultation
- Session 2: Strength Machines, Cable Machines, & Cardio Machines
- Session 3: Free Weights & Body Weight Training
- Session 4: Functional Training
Step 3. Sign up at The WELL Front Desk
Aftter selecting your desired membership type, please come in to The WELL Front Desk to purchase. We accept cash or card. To sign up for an EFT membership, you will need a voided check, bank statement, or direct deposit form with your name, bank name, routing number, and accounting number.
Sponsoring a Spouse or Non-Alumni
Alumni WELL members are eligible to sponsor one additional member who is over 18, and shares a residence with them. Sponsored memberships start at $37/mo. We reqiure proof of shared residence through an official document should as a SMUD bill, Bank Statement, Lease, etc. Documention must be printed, not written. Sponsored members are eligible to come into the facility without their main member after joining. Sponsored members cannot continue their membership if the main member cancels. Both member's monthly dues will be drafted out of one single bank account.
Cancelling or Freezing Your EFT Membership
Alumni WELL EFT members are eligible to cancel their membership after 4-months of EFT draft. Cancellations require a 30-day notice through our online form. Adjustments will not be made after the 26th of the month for the following month. Members are also able to freeze for up to 3 months at a time for free. This is a great option if you plan to return in the future. Freezes and Cancellations are submited online here.
Refunds are only authorized in the case of a medical necessity (must be supported by a doctor’s note), or a death in the family (documentation required). The method of refund will occur in the same payment type as the original transaction. If cash refund exceeds $50.00 or exceeds the amount of cash tendered in Point of Sale (POS) for day of refund, then customer will receive a check by mail. Please submit refund inquires to the adjustments form below.