INCLEMENT WEATHER FORECASTED MONDAY FEB 19 - WEDNESDAY FEB 21 - PLEASE ANTICIPATE CLOSURES AND CALL 916-278-3591 FOR UPDATES.
Splash Into Shape
Welcome to Lap Swim. Reservations are recommended but not required. At the Long Pool, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly with lifeguards on duty during all Open Swim hours. We encourage students, staff, faculty, and alumni to come out to the pool and enjoy the water! The Long Pool is a lap pool and meant for swim workouts, however, all swimming levels are welcome. We are located behind Yosemite Hall. Stop by to try your hand at swimming or catch some rays out on the pool deck.
Lap Swim Eligibility
- Currently Enrolled Sac State Students - no charge
- Sac State Faculty & Staff - no charge
- Sac State Alumni - Alumni Association verification required - $5 day pass or $19 program pass required
- Community - Available during May, June, July, and August only- - $5 day pass or $19 program pass required
- WELL Members - If you have a current WELL Membership as an alumni or sponsored member then access is included in your membership - please email us at email@example.com to redeem your code to get started
- WELL Membership is NOT required - if you need clarification on your eligibility or the best pass option for you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2024 Pool Hours
(Beginning Tuesday Jan. 23 through May 17)
- Monday: 6am-8:15am & 12pm-7pm
- Tuesday: 6am-8:15am & 12pm-7pm
- Wednesday: 6am-8:15am & 12pm-7pm
- Thursday: 6am-8:15am & 12pm-7pm
- Friday: 6am-8:15am & 12pm-7pm
- Saturday: 10am – 2pm
- Sunday: Closed
Lap Swim Spring 2024 Adjusted Hours
- Spring Break Adjusted hours TBD
- Mon Apr. 1 - 12pm-4pm - Cesar Chavez Day Observed
*Pool hours subject to change. Please utilize reservations to ensure lap swim is available for the date and time you are hoping to swim.
Additional Information for Lap Swim:
- Reservations are for 30 minutes. Up to two reservations per person per day.
- Locker Room access is available but subject to change. Restrooms are available.
- Days and times subject to change or cancellation.
- Swimmers are responsible for obtaining a valid parking permit on campus.
Pool Facts & Information
The Long Pool at Sac State is the perfect place to get in shape while still enjoying the outdoors. The pool facility is operated and maintained by Sacramento State but The WELL provides opportunities for open swim to the campus community.
- The pool is 25 yards long with six lanes and backstroke flags.
- The water is kept around 80 degrees and the pool is cleaned weekly.
- Equipment such as kickboards, paddles, and leg pull buoys can be checked out through the guards on deck. However not currently available due to COVID19 restrictions.
- There will always be two lifeguards guards on duty.
- To swim at the Long Pool, you must have either a valid OneCard or a valid pool pass.
- All patrons must sign a waiver at the WELL when purchasing a pool pass, and again at the pool after which names will be recorded on a master list.
- EVERYONE must sign in with the guards EVERY TIME they swim.