Splash into Shape!
Open Swim Program
The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, and safe with guards on duty at all times. We encourage students, staff, faculty, and alumni to come out to the pool and enjoy the water. While it is a lap pool and meant for swim workouts, all are welcome to come to the pool and get in the water and try their hand at swimming or catch some rays out on the deck.
The pool is currently closed for Winter Break. We will reopen for Spring semester on Monday, January 23rd!
- Open Swim Hours - Spring & Fall
Spring Hours Start on Monday January 23rd, 2017
Monday - Friday:
Monday & Wednesday
- Open Swim Hours - Summer
Summer 2016 Hours Have Ended. Summer 2017 Hours Start On Tuesday May 30th, 2017
Monday - Friday:
- Adjusted Hours and Announcements
- The pool will be closed Saturday Dec 17th- Jan 22nd for Winter Break
Open Swim Pass Information
Passes must be presented upon request at the pool and pass holders are subject to rules and regulations established for all campus recreation participants and users. Costs are subject to change without notice. Passes are neither transferable nor refundable. Proper ID is required for any pass purchased including valid photo ID and if applicable, proof of valid Alumni Association membership. All children require a valid pass and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Affiliate Pass - Students, Faculty, Staff, Emeritus
Must present valid Sac State One Card to lifeguard for pool access. No additional pass purchase is necessary.
- Gold Pass- Alumni Association, Sponsored member of Affiliate or Alumni
- Annual Pass - $200 (Family $325) Expires 365 days from date of purchase.
- Family Pass includes immediate family up to 4 persons.
- Daily Pass- $4 per person
- Semester Pass- $80 (Family $125)
A semester term will be defined as a four month period and passes are not prorated.
- Summer: May, June, July and August
- Fall: September, October, November and December
- Spring: January, February, March and April
- Green Pass- Community Members
- Daily Pass- $5 per person
- Summer Pass- $140 (valid May, June, July, & August. Passes are not prorated.
About the Pool
The Long Pool at Sac State is the perfect place to get in shape while still enjoying the outdoors. The pool facility is operated and maintained by Sacramento State but The WELL provides opportunities for open swim to the campus community.
- Pool Facts and Reminders
- The pool is 25 yards long with six lanes as well as backstroke flags.
- The water is kept around 80 degrees and the pool is cleaned weekly.
- Equipment such as kickboards, paddles, and leg pull buoys can be checked out through the guards on deck.
- There will always be one guard on duty in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- In order to swim at the Long Pool you must have either a valid OneCard or a valid pool pass.
- All patrons must sign a waiver at the WELL when purchasing a pool pass, and again at the pool after which names will be recorded on a master list.
- EVERYONE will sign in with the guards EVERYTIME they swim
Swim to Earn!
A free program for all swimming abilities
- Swim and Stay Fit
Earn points for each minute you swim at The Long Pool and earn prizes! Earn double the points on Saturdays! Drop by The Long Pool and ask the lifeguards to sign up, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants must sign a WELL waiver prior to participanting.
We currently offer learn to swim lessons during the summer for children and adults.
Swim Lesson Overview