Progressive Instructional Classes
About Self Defense
The Self Defense classes are progressive in nature and build skills from week to week.
All classes are taught by expert instructors. This program is designed for people who want to feel empowered and confident.
We emphasize realistic scenarios and realistic defenses. Learn simple but effective defensive techniques to:
- stop a predatory attack
- evade an attacker
- learn what to do when confronted by a weapon
Instructor - Vic Vinson
Vic Vinson is a retired CSUS police sergeant, defensive Tactics trainer, and gang officer. He has a 2nd degree black belt in Shorin Ryu Karate, and Goju Ryu Karate, and has been a martial artist for over 30 years. He attended Krav Maga training in 1995, and P.O.S.T. defensive tactics training, to teach self-defense and street combative training.
Self Defense Sessions are 6-weeks long with 2 classes per week.
- Session I: January 31st - March 9th
- *CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2/21, 23, 28 Due to Instructor on Medical leave. (Classes will resume on March 2nd and extend through March 16 from 6:15-7:45pm.)
- Session II: March 28th - May 4th
- Classes are held on Tu/Thu at 6:15pm
- $10 per session
- Sign up at the WELL Front Desk.