Sac State 5K Fun Run
Every spring semester, The WELL hosts the Sac State 5K Fun Run! You won't want to miss it!
10th Annual Sac State Fun Run
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018
Start Time: 6:00pm
Start/Finish Lines: In front of The WELL
Course Map: Coming Soon!
2018 Race Day Festivities Include: Coming soon!
The Sac State 5K Fun Run is an event for every physical level and ability! This is a run that you will love as you make your way through the California State University, Sacramento campus. This race is open to everyone! Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members of all ages are welcome to sign up to be a part of this University tradition.
We host a wide range of abilities from competitive 5K enthusiasts to casual run/walkers. We hope that you join us for this annual event, and have a great 5K experience at Sac State!
Tell Us What You Want to See!
What type of entertainment would you like to see at the Sac State 5K Fun Run this year? Take our brief survey to tell us how we can make this event more fun!
Take Our Entertainment Survey
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can non Sac State Students participate?
Yes! anyone can register for the Sac State 5K Fun Run! We highly encourage friends and family of our Hornet community to join in on the fun! Unfortunately furry friends are not allowed at the race, with the exception of Service Animals.
- What is the age limit for running the race?
All ages and abilities are welcome to participate.There is no age limit for participating. Volunteers must be 18 years or older. Mothers with strollers are welcome! Strollers must be in the last leg of the race for safety.
- How much does registration cost?
Below are the registration fees for the 2018 Sac State 5K Fun Run:
- Option #1 “Over Achiever” (December 11th-January 26th): $15.00
- Option #2 “The Planner” (January 27th-February 16th): $20.00
- Option #3 “Right on Time” (February 17th-March 16th): $23.00
- Option #4 “Last Minute” (March 17th-April 15th): $26.00
- Option #5 “Late Registration” (April 16th-April 18th): $29.00
- Day of Registration (April 19th): $32.00
- What does my registration include?
- Your race bib
- Sac State 5K Fun Run t-shirt
- Access to bag check
- What organization does the race benefit?
The Sac State 5K Fun Run is celebrating 10 years running by donating the 5K net proceeds after direct costs to a participant selected Sac State Scholarship and Student Program Fund, which are managed by University Development. The Fund which receives the most nominations will receive the donation and it will be announced on Race Day.
The following Student Program Funds were identified as possible recipients. These funds were selected based upon their alignment with the WELL's mission, the seven dimensions of wellness and in collaboration with University Development.
- CAMP (College Assistance Migrant Program)
- CAMP is a federally funded program designed to help first-generation students from migrant and seasonal farm worker backgrounds succeed at Sacramento State. CAMP facilitates transition from high school to college and offers first-year support services to develop the skills necessary to persist and graduate from college. CAMP strives to be "a home away from home" for its students.
- The mission of the Dreamer Resource Center is to make the dream of a college degree a reality for undocumented students and students with mixed-status families at Sacramento State. The goal of the center is to help students overcome the unique challenges that get in the way of achieving academic, personal and professional excellence.
- Full Circle Project
- The mission of the Full Circle Project is to provide a student-centered approach to steadily increase the graduation rates of underrepresented Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) and other high-need students through rigorous coursework, academic support, intentional student organization and leadership opportunities, career planning and meaningful community engagement.
- Guardian Scholars
- The mission of the Guardian Scholars Program is to improve the life and success rate of former foster youth by administering helpful services such as professional mentoring, academic advising, career counseling, financial assistance, scholarships, and community building events that are all essential for learning, growth, and success on a college campus. We are committed to doing outreach in the community and creating meaningful opportunities for current students at Sac State in order to improve the livelihood of foster youth students.
- Veterans Success
- Sacramento State's Veterans Success Center (VSC) provides multi-faceted assistance to prospective and enrolled student veterans and dependents. The VSC aids students in accessing their VA Education benefits, the timely certifying of those benefits, and completing the admission application process. The VSC also helps students in accessing campus and veteran-related resources, including counseling, and provides leadership opportunities, peer-to-peer mentorship, and support in transitioning into a meaningful career.
- Do you make accommodations for disabilities?
Yes! All abilities levels are welcome to participate. If you are looking for specific accommodations please contact email@example.com by April 1st.