Lifetime Wellness Begins Here
All alumni membership options are currently unavailable due to the state and local restrictions as a result of covid-19.
All campus Affiliates (Faculty, Staff, and Emeritus) are eligible for membership at The WELL. We have several membership options to fit your needs. Affiliate Membership includes access to free group fitness classes, the Long Pool, climbing, locker rooms with showers, and Intramural Sports ($10 additional fee per sport). Affiliates are also eligible to bring guests. The first guest each semester is free. Then, guests are $10 per day or $15 for the weekend. Guests must be over 18 with a photo ID. Affiliate members are eligible to sponsor a non-affiliate who resides with them including spouses, children, and roommates over the age of 18. We currently do not offer WELL memberships to non affiliated community members. All membership transactions occur at the WELL front desk!
Affiliate Membership Process
Step 1: Select the Best WELL Membership for Your Needs
The WELL offers a variety of membership options for Faculty, Staff and Emeritus who are currently employed at Sacramento State. We have EFT memberships which are billed monthly from your bank account, and have a 4-month minimum committment. We also offer short-term membership options that are paid upfront in-full at the Front Desk. Below are some of our most common options. For a list of all Affiliate Membership options please view our membership description chart.
Recommended Membership Options
- Affiliate All Access - $33/mo: Provides access during all hours of WELL operation.
- Express Memberships - $19/mo: Express Memberships have limited facility access for a discounted rate.
- AM Express: 6:00-8:00am Monday-Friday
- Lunch Express: 11:00am-1:00pm Monday- Friday
- Start Strong - $45.50/mo: An All Access membership plus three private 30-minute fitness classes per week with a certified instructor. Classes are faculty/staff only, and are offered Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 5:15-5:45pm.
- Starter Pack - Eligible Rate + $69 Training Pack: Availble to all new Affiliate WELL members. A Starter Pack is a great way to learn your way around The WELL, and to kick start your fitness routine. New and current WELL members can purchase a personal training starter pack for the flat rate of $69, and your next month of membership is FREE! The personal training pack includes four 30-minute sessions with a certified personal trainer. Purchase at The WELL Front Desk.
- Session 1: Fitness Consultation
- Session 2: Strength Machines, Cable Machines, & Cardio Machines
- Session 3: Free Weights & Body Weight Training
- Session 4: Functional Training
Step 2: Sign up at The WELL Front Desk
Aftter selecting your desired membership type, please come in to The WELL Front Desk to purchase. We accept cash or card. To sign up for an EFT membership, you will need a voided check, bank statement, or direct deposit form with your name, bank name, routing number, and accounting number.
Sponsoring a Spouse or Non-Affiliate
Affiliate WELL members are eligible to sponsor one additional member who is over 18, and shares a residence with them. Sponsored Memberships start at $37/mo. We reqiure proof of shared residence through an official document should as a SMUD bill, Bank Statement, Lease, etc. Documention must be printed, not written. Sponsored members are eligible to come into the facility without their main member after joining. Sponsored members cannot continue their membership if the main member cancels. Both member's monthly dues will be drafted out of one single bank account.
Cancelling or Freezing Your EFT Membership
Affiliate WELL EFT members are eligible to cancel their membership after 4-months of EFT draft. Cancellations require a 30-day notice through our online form. Adjustments will not be made after the 26th of the month for the following month. Members are also able to freeze for up to 3 months at a time for free. This is a great option if you plan to return in the future. Freezes and Cancellations are submited online here.
Refunds are only authorized in the case of a medical necessity (must be supported by a doctor’s note), or a death in the family (documentation required). The method of refund will occur in the same payment type as the original transaction. If cash refund exceeds $50.00 or exceeds the amount of cash tendered in Point of Sale (POS) for day of refund, then customer will receive a check by mail. Please submit refund inquires to the adjustments form below.
Affiliate-only Start Strong Program
Start Strong is a membership unique to faculty and staff here at Sacramento State. This option offers a facility membership, and three private 30-minute group training classes per week with a certified personal trainer! Start Strong participants enjoy the camaraderie with other campus community members, and the sense of accountability.
Start Strong classes offer a wide range of ability and age groups. Instructors work at your pace and improve your form to ensure safety. We do not offer Start Strong classes over the summer. However, you will have access to fitness classes as part of your membership! Start Strong is EFT only.
I always look forward to my Start Strong classes at the end of a busy workday because I know that is my time to forget about everything else and focus on my fitness. - Cryssel Vera