Fitness Programs & Events
Commit To Be Fit
Special Fitness Events
Can't get enough of our fitness classes? Grab some friends and join us for our Fitness Special Events. We host a variety of events each semester to keep you moving!
For Weekly Workouts and LIVE videos, please:
Follow on Instagram: @wellsacstate
Find us on Facebook: The WELL at Sac State
Group Fit Club Members - With Virtual Classes, you can still EARN a shirt!
Mar 2 - April 19
Here’s how it works...
1. Complete a daily workout (Check our Instagram stories @wellsacstate for workouts throughout the week, or just go for walks, runs, etc. on your own).
2. After your workout, Go the MindBody app (or our website) to log your workout on that day (just book the class).
3. We will be charting your workouts from your check-ins on the MB app from Mar 2 – Apr 19. (10) total workouts = shirt!
4. Add your address to your profile on the MB or email it here.
5. We will send your shirt directly to you.
It’s that easy!
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**All other programs have been cancelled for Spring 2020.
Pop Up Up Classes!! - CANCELLED
Thursday, April 16 - 2-3pm
WELL Klamath Studio
Zumba Beach Party - CANCELLED
Tuesday, April 14th - 6:30-7:45pm
Appropriate For All Fitness Levels and open to the community for anyone over the age of 18.
Register ahead of time for $5 on the MINDBODY app, or pay at door for $9. Day-of ticket sales are cash only at the door. Non-WELL members will be asked to fill out a waiver upon arrival. Glow sticks are provided while supplies last!
University Union Ballroom
Register for Zumba Glow Party
Progressive Fitness Classes - Progressive Fitness Classes build on themselves from week to week. They are designed for WELL members who want to learn and grow in their technique, confidence, and fitness level over the course of several weeks.
Self Defense - CANCELLED
Register in advance on our website for one of three Self Defense sessions. Self Defense is a progressive fitness program taught by retired CSUS police sergeant, defensive tactics trainer, and gang officer, Vic Vinson. He has a 2nd degree black belt in Shorin Ryu Karate, and Goju Ryu Karate, and has been a martial artist for over 30 years. He attended Krav Maga training in 1995, and P.O.S.T. defensive tactics training, to teach self-defense and street combative training. Self Defensive builds on itself from week to week. Each session has two classes per week, for a total of 4 weeks in each session. The cost for Self Defense is $20 total ($2.50 per class). Register.
Session I: January 27 - February 19, Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15pm.
Sesssion II: March 2-25, Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15pm.
Session III: April 6-29, Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15pm.
KORU Mindfulness Meditation consists of 4 classes, is designed to help you learn a variety of mindfulness through the practice of specific skills that calm and focus your mind through the practice of meditation. If you are feeling pressured and stressed, or just interested in learning a new skill that can enrich your life, these classes are for you! Register for a 4 class session on our website for free!
Workshop 1: February 5, Wednesday at 3:30pm
Workshop 2: February 19, Wednesday at 3:30pm
Workshop 3: March 4, Wednesday at 3:30pm
Workshop 4: March 25, Wednesday at 3:30pm
Intro to Yoga
A drop-in "Learn To" series. This program is free, and designed for beginner yogis. Register in advance through the MINDBODY app, or drop-in anytime.
All classes are on Thursday afternoon at 4:35pm.
Intro to Pilates
A drop-in "Learn To" series. This program is free, and designed for beginners. Register in advance through the MINDBODY app, or drop-in anytime.
All classes are on Thursday morning at 11:30am.
MINDBODY Class Reservations
The WELL is excited to announce that we are now using the MINDBODY software to schedule, reserve, and pay for fitness classes! Plus, most of our fitness classes are now completely free! With MINDBODY you can reserve your spot in a free or paid fitness class ahead of time, so you never miss a workout! Small Group Training classes are still associated with a small fee of $48 per semester (unlimited), or $6 per drop-in class. You can now pay directly on The WELL website classes page through MINDBODY! Create a free account today!
Prefer your mobile device? Download the free MINDBODY app, and begin reviewing our fall fitness schedule! You can book a free class, or purchase a Small Group Training pass directly through the app! If you do not have a smart phone, you can always reserve/pay on a desktop. Download the app to your mobile device.
- If you are attending a free class you can reserve two-weeks ahead of time on the website or through the mobile app, or you can drop-in to a class without reserving, as long as the class isn't full. Either way, when you arrive the instructor will check you in!
If you are attending a paid Small Group Training class, you must purchase a $48 semester pass, or a $6 single class drop-in for your desired class. You can purchase with the MINDBODY app, or through The WELL website. Single class drop-in passes are only valid on the date of purchase. Booking Small Group Training Classes can be done two-weeks ahead of time on the website or through the mobile app. Small Group Training classes have a limit of 8 participants per class.
MINDBODY is user-friendly, free, and all inclusive! Below are a few features we think you'll like!
- Favorite: You can "favorite" The WELL to get quick access to our schedule!
- Share: Once you book a class, you will have the option to "share" it! You can share it on social media, through text, or through e-mail. Let your friends know you're attending a class, so they can book too!
- Add to Calendar: After booking a class through the app, you can add it to your calendar! Never forget about a class with calendar reminders and notifications. Hint: turn on your notificiations for this app, so you will get a reminder before the class begins!
- Class Reviews: After your class is over, you will have the option to review it with 1-5 stars! Let your favorite instructors know how much you love their class!
Group Fit Club
Group Fit Club is an incentive program to keep you motivated throughout the semester! Attend 14 classes between October-December to earn your GFC shirt or tank top. Pick up your free Group Fit Club card at the fitness desk, and ask for a stamp at the end of each fitness class! Zumba Glow Party and Yoga Night are worth 2 stamps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Review our most common questions about answers reguarding MINDBODY below.
Additional MINDBODY Questions
If you have additional questions about MINDBODY, please e-mail our fitness team for assistance. Your questions and feedback help us improve usership for all WELL members!