Your Speed, Your Lane, Your Time,
Welcome to Lap Swim. Reservations are required. We are always hiring lifeguards and continue to expand hours as we have new staff hired and trained. We will continue to provide updates via email, social media, and share here as they become available.
Fall Semester Pool Hours:
Monday: 6am-8am AND 12pm-7pm
Tuesday 6am-8am AND 12pm-7pm
Wednesday: 6am-8am AND 12pm-7pm
Thursday: 6am-8am AND 12pm-7pm
Friday: 12pm – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
*Pool hours subject to change.
Additional Information for Lap Swim:
- Reservations are for 50 minutes. One reservation per person per day.
- Reservations are capped at a maximum of one swimmer per lane - there are no exceptions.
- Follow staff direction and facility signage at all times.
- Please be courteous to fellow members and allow for proper distancing.
- Equipment Checkout and Locker Room access are not available at this time. Restrooms are available.
- Days and times subject to change or cancellation.
- Swimmers are responsible for obtaining a valid parking permit on campus.
Splash into Shape
At the Long Pool, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly with lifeguards on duty during all Open Swim hours. We encourage students, staff, faculty, and alumni to come out to the pool and enjoy the water! The Long Pool is a lap pool and meant for swim workouts, however, all swimming levels are welcome. We are located behind Yosemite Hall. Stop by to try your hand at swimming or catch some rays out on the pool deck.
Pool Facts & Information
The Long Pool at Sac State is the perfect place to get in shape while still enjoying the outdoors. The pool facility is operated and maintained by Sacramento State but The WELL provides opportunities for open swim to the campus community.
- The pool is 25 yards long with six lanes and backstroke flags.
- The water is kept around 80 degrees and the pool is cleaned weekly.
- Equipment such as kickboards, paddles, and leg pull buoys can be checked out through the guards on deck. However not currently available due to COVID19 restrictions.
- There will always be two lifeguards guards on duty.
- To swim at the Long Pool, you must have either a valid OneCard or a valid pool pass.
- All patrons must sign a waiver at the WELL when purchasing a pool pass, and again at the pool after which names will be recorded on a master list.
- EVERYONE must sign in with the guards EVERY TIME they swim.
Swim lessons are offered during the summer for learners of all ages. Visit our Swim Lessons webpage to learn more.