Splash into Shape
At the Long Pool, the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly with lifeguards on duty during all Open Swim hours. We encourage students, staff, faculty, and alumni to come out to the pool and enjoy the water! The Long Pool is a lap pool and meant for swim workouts, however, all swimming levels are welcome. We are located behind Yosemite Hall. Stop by to try your hand at swimming or catch some rays out on the pool deck.
Open Swim & Adjusted Pool Hours
- Fall 18 Semester Hours Begin Mon. Aug. 20th and end Fri. Dec. 14th
- Spring 19 Semester Hours Begin Tues. Jan. 22nd and end Saturday May 18th
- Summer 19 Semester Hours Begin Mon. May 20th and end Saturday August 17th
|Monday - Friday||Saturday||
Staff Only Swim
Monday - Thursday
Upcoming Pool Closures and Adjusted Hours
6:00am - 7:30am;
3:00pm - 7:00pm
12:00pm - 4:00pm
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Open Swim Pass Information
Pool Passes or One Cards must be presented upon request at the pool and pass holders are subject to rules and regulations established for all campus recreation participants and users. Costs are subject to change without notice. Passes are neither transferable nor refundable. Proper ID is required for any pass purchased including valid photo ID and if applicable, proof of valid Alumni Association membership. All children require a valid pass and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Students, Facilty, Staff, or Emeritus
If you are a current Sac State Student, Faculty, Staff, or Emeritus with a valid One Card, no additional pass purchase is necessary to use the pool. Simply bring your One Card to the pool, and show the lifeguard to start swimming. Must present valid Sac State ID (One Card) to lifeguard for pool access.
Open Swim Pass Information
Passes must be presented upon request at the pool and pass holders are subject to rules and regulations established for all campus recreation participants and users. Costs are subject to change without notice. Passes are neither transferable nor refundable. Proper ID is required for any pass purchased including valid photo ID and if applicable, proof of valid Alumni Association membership. All children require a valid pass and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Pool Facts & Information
The Long Pool at Sac State is the perfect place to get in shape while still enjoying the outdoors. The pool facility is operated and maintained by Sacramento State but The WELL provides opportunities for open swim to the campus community.
- The pool is 25 yards long with six lanes as well as backstroke flags.
- The water is kept around 80 degrees and the pool is cleaned weekly.
- Equipment such as kickboards, paddles, and leg pull buoys can be checked out through the guards on deck.
- There will always be one guard on duty in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- In order to swim at the Long Pool you must have either a valid OneCard or a valid pool pass.
- All patrons must sign a waiver at the WELL when purchasing a pool pass, and again at the pool after which names will be recorded on a master list.
- EVERYONE will sign in with the guards EVERYTIME they swim
Swim to Earn
A free program for all swimming abilities. Earn points for each minute you swim at The Long Pool and earn prizes! Earn double the points on Saturdays! Drop by The Long Pool and ask the lifeguards to sign up, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants must sign a WELL waiver prior to participanting.
We currently offer learn to swim lessons during the summer for children and adults.